Western Reserve Controls, Inc. (WRC) is an award-winning supplier of cost-effective open-architecture Automation Electronics, including I/O devices, I/O components and communications products serving industrial, process, commercial and aerospace automation markets worldwide. WRC products are designed and manufactured in our factory in Akron, Ohio. We are seeking a take-charge engineer to develop automation electronics, including I/O devices, power electronics, communications devices and embedded hardware and firmware.
- Designs software/firmware using C/C++ for new electronic controls and control system products having significant technical content. May modernize existing product code to object oriented libraries and ARM/Cortex core technologies.
- Develops firmware design specifications from of a variety of functional requirement specs and/or system architecture designs. Leads firmware design and code reviews.
- Prepares firmware validation plans and performs unit, integration and functional quality testing.
- Design embedded hardware that may include ARM/Cortex uContollers, CPLD, analog signal conditioning, power converters, interconnects and flex circuits using a variety of schematic, simulation and PCB layout design tools for new electronic controls and control systems products having significant technical content.
- Develops hardware design specifications from of a variety of functional requirement specs and/or system architecture designs. Leads hardware design reviews.
- Develops detailed engineering documentation including design document, specifications, manuals and other customer documentation, development and test procedures, Engineering Change Notices.
- Prepares hardware validation plans and performs the functional quality test. May manage 3rd Party environmental, reliability, EMC testing and UL, ODVA or other agency certification.
- Leads the design review and works with other engineers to provide alternative solutions.
- Provides support and training on new products to other departments and customers as required.
- Works closely with manufacturing to ensure the smooth transition of new designs into the production.
- Supports and may develop automated production tests that may include VBA and LabVIEW programming.
- BSEE with 1-5 years of experience in Circuit Design: Analog, Digital, Processors, Power Supplies, High Resolution Timing, using schematic capture, Spice and PCB Layout.
- Design/programming experience in C/C++ firmware for embedded systems a must.
- Ability to test/debug the firmware with oscilloscope, debuggers, emulators, and logic analyzer.
- Ability to work independently, solve problems and take ownership of technical issues.
- US Citizenship required
Additional Desired Attributes
- Veterans encouraged to apply
- Working knowledge of one of VHDL, Verilog or other PLD programming language for CPLDs and/or FPGAs.
- Experience with Rockwell Automation product technologies
- Familiarity with Industrial EtherNet (EtherNet/IP, Modbus/TCP, etc.) and wireless technologies
- Experience with aerospace applications and DO-160 and DO-254
- Experience with brushed and brushless motor control and power electronics
Job Type: Full-time
Interested candidates should send their resumes to [email protected]
Western Reserve Controls, Inc.
Attn: Human Resources
1485 Exeter Drive
Akron, OH 44306
EMAIL: [email protected]
WRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer