Specializing in providing electronic control and I/O solutions to Industrial Automation OEMs since 1991 and Aerospace Tier 2 OEMs since 2000, at WRC we are proud to be a early provider of custom designed Embedded Controls and Industrial Internet of Things (IIOT) solutions for the Factory and Building Automation industries. We have a strong background in multiple technologies and can help you conceptualize, design, and build your OEM products, systems or machines while meeting your time-to-market and profitability objectives.
Your Product and System Solution Partner.
At WRC our collective group of electronic systems designers, programmers, engineers and project managers working in collaboration with our clients is our greatest strength. Throughout your custom engineered product development our focus is to proactively manage the process using our six-phase stage gate design process communicating regularly though our professional project mangers and engineering team leaders.
Our core technologies and strengths include:
- Ethernet – EtherNet/IP, Modbus/TCP, BACnet/IP, OPC UA, MQTT and more
- CAN-based protocols – DeviceNet, J1939
- Wireless protocols – Zigbee, BLE
- Industrially hardened input/output circuits
- Power electronics and power switching
- Analog signal conditioning
- Low-power sensor/actuator interfaces
- Brushed and brushless motor control
Strengths & Capabilities
- Requirements collaboration and specification creation
- Embedded firmware/software design
- PCB/hardware design and layout
- Rapid prototype development
- DO–160 Expertise
- Custom mechanical packaging
- RoHS, CE and UL compliance
- High-mix, low-volume SMT manuf.
- Conformal coating and potting
Six-Phase Custom Development Process
WRC follows a tailorable six-phase stage gate process for all New Product Development (NPD) projects. During conceptualization we capture your requirements and define the product functionality, operating environmental conditions, system compatibility and performance specifications as well as manufacturability to assure production cost targets can be met. Depending on the complexity of the project, not all phases of the NPD process may be necessary.
Quality Management System
Choosing a partner to outsource a design to is an important decision. At WRC we take our commitment to quality very seriously. Our Quality Department is responsible for the overall quality of our designs and the products we build for you. Our focus goes beyond just manufacturing. Our Quality Management System meets the requirements of ISO 9001:2015 with Design and the Aerospace extension AS9100:2016. We train and certify our engineering and manufacturing personnel ensuring accurate documentation throughout the entire process of design and production. Key tenets of our WRC quality system include:
- Exceed our customer’s requirements and expectations.
- Communicate effectively.
- Encourage personal growth, employee satisfaction, innovation and business success.
- Continually look for ways to improve.
- Be ethically and morally responsible and comply with all legal requirements anywhere we do business.
WRC Evergreen™ Lifecyle Support.
WRC’s Evergreen™ product lifecycle support maximizes the useful life of your custom engineered products by protecting you from those unexpected situations every OEM and End User experiences when using electronic controls. From our standard 5-year product warranty to our lifetime telephone support commitment, WRC’s history of providing over 25+ years of continuous support on our designs stands as a testament to our commitment to providing you with the greatest return on your control electronics investment.